The Catenary Press is pleased to announce the release of Jessica Laser's Assumed Knowledge and the Knowledge Assumed from Experience.
Assumed Knowledge and the Knowledge Assumed from Experience
Jessica Laser
5 1/4" x 7"
SOLD OUT


from Assumed Knowledge and the Knowledge Assumed from Experience

Does life feel funny to you?
It does to me.
I'm chasing the good.
That's a feeling.
A promise.
Does it come to you?
It does to me to say so, not the good
Which is better.
Can I still care about your concerns?
I am concerned by what concerns are.
Are they yours?
Are you surprised?
Discerning people come through that door.
I said something you'd understand
So you'd see them
And understand it
And it was at the edge of your understanding.
You're describing the language you're using instead of the room.
The baby enters.
People speak as they shouldn't.
They shouldn't be ashamed.


Jessica Laser received an MFA in poetry from the Iowa Writer's Workshop. She has taught writing at Brown University, The University of Iowa, Purchase College, and The New School. Her poems can be found in Boston Review, The Iowa Review, Lana Turner, jubilat, and elsewhere. Visit her at JessicaLaser.com.